Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ferrari Party

Ciao!

    It is getting harder to get out into the city since classes have started, but we managed to still have a great day yesterday and a start to our weekend today. Yesterday after Italian, we went to the train station to pick up our tickets for this weekend-- The station was so crazy insane and I loved it!! I can't wait to travel on the train tomorrow morning and it was not even 40 Euro for a round trip ticket to Florence. After we got the tickets, we took the metro to Spagna- near the Spanish Steps where all of the high end shopping is located. As we were walking, there were loads of Ferraris. I'm not much of a car person, but there were absolutely AMAZING! Check it out:

The high end fashion shops; Prada, Gucci, Burberry, and everything else!


 The absolutely breathtaking Ferraris. Some of the models are one in 200 made in the entire world and some are more on the vintage side. ENJOY!




    After we saw these spectacular cars, we window shopped for a little, and then of course went out for some Gelato. The guys working the Gelato store were hilarious; I tried to speak Italian the whole time while they tried to speak English-- all the both of us could do was just laugh. I finally made a decision and ordered banana and chocolate; let me just say it was super excellent!!! Another kid in our group got a Nutella crepe and boy did it look delicious! For all of you Nutella fans out there, you would be in heaven over here!!
   This morning I had my High Renaissance Art Class with professor Liz Lev who is an art expert. It is usually an on site class meaning we go places in Rome, this weekend Florence, and physically see the art we are learning about. The class appears to be very challenging and fast paced, but I know I will definitely learn a great bit about art this semester! I do have to add that after class I took one of the best naps of my life! As for now, I am off to my Christianity class and then i'll be done for the week! Happy Thursday All!

Ciao Ciao!

Ky xx


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are making the most of your time and I am really proud of you for it! Fabio is super smart so hang in there and speaking/listening in Italian can be difficult.. Prof. Lev demands a lot and younwill learn a lot in return. Perhaps you have Fr. Paul Haffner for Christianity? Students really enjoyed his teaching and he seems to be really caring. Florence is a very frIendly, walkable city. Shop at the open market ((Nuevo Market?) not too far from Piazza Signoria. Really nice scarves and leather goods. Gold merchants on the Ponte Vecchio bridge in the center of town. Can get a photo of yoursellf with the statue of David replica in Piazza Signora since you cannot photograph the original. If you have time, climb the Duomo or climb to the Piazza Michelangelo which is about a mile outside of the city...gorgeous place to sit and relax and look over the city. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete