Friday, September 7, 2012

Arrival in Roma!

Ciao!

Today was a first of a lot of things: first international flight, first time in Europe- specifically Rome, first authentic Italian cuisine, first time legally getting served (LOL), and ultimately my first time learning to effectively ride the metro and bus in a brand new country. Overall I'd say today was super successful, and I can't wait to explore everything else Roma has to offer!
The day started from Pittsburgh going to Philly in an incredibly small plane with only about an hour flight- no turbulence which made the flight easy and quick! We arrived in Philly and grabbed a bite to eat, I made a couple of phone calls, took a power hour nap and shortly after we boarded the plane to begin our time here in Roma. Flying was absolutely beautiful but was long and tiring at times. To sat the least, we arrived alive and with out luggage!
Once we arrived in Roma, it was surreal until we actually hit town. We came back, everyone- and I mean everyone, was dragging and struggling the urge to fall asleep. The staid here at Duquesne as well as the nuns came out to introduce themselves, give us some prepping information, and serve us lunch. Since I was so jet lag, I could hardly eat anything- All I could think about was getting clean and some sleep! I took a two hour power nap along with a shower and was finally ready to rock and roll again!
I was, and still am, in such culture shock that I was speechless throughout the day and could only just look and everything. We first walked to Vatican City and St. Paul's which are two primary points in Roma, especially for our on site courses.
After our little tour we finally got dinner. The most amazing and unbelievable food was served and only for our first meal here!! It was a four course dinne served with nothing other than Casata Mergé red wine. Needless to say I was so stuffed after the couple hours it took to eat! I had enough wine to temporarily get me through the res of the night and back to our dorm. As for now I'm am getting ready for bed.
Ciao Ciao Bloggers!!
Ky xx

1 comment:

  1. Kylie,

    Very exciting! I am so happy that you will share your experiences with us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete