Tuesday, September 18, 2012

All Aboard!

Ciao!!!!

    It's been awhile, I know- I have some great things to share with you over these next couple posts. I'll start off with my day from Friday- my first train ride!! We started the morning leaving the campus around 7 to catch the bus and the metro in order to make it to the train station on time for our departure to Firenze (Florence). Believe it or not, we had no problem validating our tickets and getting to the loading area... Yes even I was shocked! We all got settled on the train and were all ready for our 3.5 hour train ride. I had the absolute best time; I just relaxed and soaked up everything there was to offer. Here are some fabulous pictures:




Cornetto Cioccolato 
The fast train; instead of the 3.5 hour ride it only takes 1.5 hours!

I just thought the graffiti was so cool!


Absolutely gorgeous scenery!
To say the least, I thoroughly enjoyed my train ride. Once we arrived, we went directly to our hostel (that I booked). I was so incredibly nervous that it was going to be so scary and wouldn't have any friends after we saw it, but I was so wrong (thank heavens!) We stayed at Plus Florence and i'd say it is one step under a hotel. There was a total of 8 of us in the room- CRAZY!! but we all survived! Check it out:


I only got one picture; the room had 3 sets of bunk beds and 2 singles- since there were only 2 of us girls, we were lucky enough to get the singles! We had our own bathroom, patio, and a fantastic staff and lounge area!










Florence was an absolute blast. I have so much to say about it regarding the people, shopping, sites, artwork, food, and everything else! I saved everything for another post. Ci sentiamo presto! 

Ky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment