Monday, October 1, 2012

Capri Sun!!!

     And here's to the absolute best day of my entire day: Capri, the most beautiful place on earth.
We took a short 20 minute ferry from Sorrento to Capri early in the morning, and even the boat ride was fantastic! Capri is a little island in the South of Italy, and even though it is incredibly touristy, it is just breathtaking. We entered at the port and immediately got a group together to rent a private boat for a tour of the grottos and to go swimming! It was 85 degrees outside- PERFECT and the water was beautiful. I've never seen bluer water in my life (Let's be real though, I am used to Jersey water...) Honestly, just sitting on the boat and admiring the beauty of Capri was just enough for me! Needless to say, that 20 euro boat ride was by far the best investment thus far! I hope you can relive the moment with me in these pictures!!!



Getting ready for the boat ride!


 

The Grotto!

The girls just hanging out!



Loving life!


SHOUT OUT to my sis Morg! 
 


WOO! All of us swimming in the water!


These are just the pictures from the boat ride!! As you can tell we had such a phenomenal time, but it only got better. We got on the incline to go visit the actual city of Capri, not just the port, and it was great. Capri is a place where many rich, famous celebrities have villas and they are everywhere. There is no doubt in my mind that we ran into some celebs, but I probably just didn't recognize them LOL. Here are some pics of Capri City:

     The core of town

All of the shopping here was strictly designer; it was Via del Corso x10! 




 Pictured above are the houses all along the walk from Capri port to the city. Could you imagine living here?! Oh and the trees and flowers were just so beautiful I couldn't pass them up!

     Our night continued with a great group dinner at our hotel. I just have to add that 3 different weddings we all going on in the hotel we stayed at (Go Duquesne picking out the good hotels!). Dinner was filling-- my favorite part was desert: Ricotta cheese and fig pie with pistachio gelato and a little cookie underneath YUM!!! The wine we had was white wine made in Paestum (where we stayed)- one of the coolest things on our trip is going to a place a drinking/eating everything they make right before your eyes! Our trip continued early Sunday morning to a Buffalo farm... Stay tuned for more!

Molto Amore

Ky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment